Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Punished

Is it wrong that I felt slightly victorious when Rosie said, "I don't wanna be punished"?  Let me explain...

You are probably aware by now that at 2 1/2 years of age Rosie is slightly incorrigible and rambunctious.  When she does something she isn't supposed to do, her usual punishment is to go to her room.  We try to warn her about her impending punishment by telling her to stop whatever it is that she shouldn't be doing, and we'll say, "Rosie, you don't want to be punished, do you?"  There is nothing more frustrating than her answer of late: "Okay!"

So today, when I caught her in her brother's playpen for the fourth time in about 18 hours, I hauled her out of the playpen and up the steps, telling her that she had to be punished since she didn't listen.  As we stomped up the 14 stairs to her room, she pouted, "I don't wanna be punished."

My inner voice said, "Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment