Saturday, December 10, 2011

Naptime nuisance

It had been more than an hour since I took both Rosie and her brother upstairs for a nap, yet when I turned off  the shower, I heard Zack squealing with delight.  I knew Rosie had been in his room.  I yelled up the stairs for her to close her brother's door and to get in bed, and she answered, "Okay, Mom."  She closed his door and went back into her room.  He was still making some fussy noises, but she was quiet, maybe asleep.

Not ten minutes later, I hear Rosie shaking the gate at the top of the steps.  Then she shouts, "Mom, I look like Lilo!" (as in Disney's Lilo & Stitch).  I knew exactly what she had done.  She took off her clothes and donned her favorite skirt -- fresh from the hamper.  In her mind, she looked like a little Hawaiian hula dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment